MAKES 2-1/2 – 3 CUPS
In some people’s minds, cranberries are only for Thanksgiving. Not us. We serve these vitamin C–bearing bombs year-round in the form of this crazy-good salsa. Serve as part of our Exploding Burrito Bar or Full House Potato Bar , or with our Award-Winning Black Beans.
TIP: Blending longer turns the salsa into more of a relish, which can also be delish!
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh cilantro (measured whole, without stems, not chopped)
- 1/2 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend only until coarsely chopped. Chill and serve.